With the multibanking functionality, you have the option of integrating accounts of other credit institutions into your financial and sales overview.
What does Multibanking include?
Multibanking allows you to get an overview of your entire finances and helps you to manage them centrally within Commerzbank Digital Banking. With Multibanking you can integrate and view your third-party bank accounts in the Commerzbank Digital Banking.
Integrate third-party bank accounts into the Finance Overview of your online banking or mobile banking app with just a few clicks.
How can I set up Multibanking?
Keep an eye on all your finances by adding your third-party bank accounts to Commerzbank's Multibanking. Set up your Multibanking in just a few steps.
- Log in with your digital banking credentials to your online banking or the banking app to access your Finance Overview or app settings
- Click on the button "Add foreign bank access".
- Select the third-party bank and the products that you would like to integrate into your online banking.
- Enter the access data of your third-party bank and confirm the integration with the TAN procedure of your third-party bank.
- Wait a few minutes and update the financial overview. The account details of your third-party bank will now be displayed.
Please note that within Multibanking the credentials and TAN-procedures of your third-party bank account are needed to be used and NOT those of Commerzbank.
Which third-party banks can I integrate in the Commerzbank Multibanking-Service?
Commerzbank Multibanking supports more than 1600 financial institutions. To check if your bank can be connected, you can use the bank selection of the Multibanking integration process.
- In your Finance Overview in your online banking or the banking app, click on "Add third-party bank account".
- Enter the name of the third-party bank in the bank selection.
Which products can be integrated within Multibanking?
If you have accounts or products with other banks, you can display them in your Commerzbank online banking and banking app. Use Multibanking to add your third-party bank accounts. The following products from your third-party bank can be integrated and displayed in your financial overview:
- Current account
- Foreign currency account
- Credit card
- Savings account
- Credit account
- Securities account
- PayPal account
How can I integrate my PayPal account?
With special PayPal access data, you can integrate a PayPal account in your online banking or the banking app . In order to request the required access data (API authorization), you must observe the following steps:
- Log in to get to your Finance Overview and click on the button "Add foreign bank account".
- Select "PayPal" as both the third-party bank and the product.
- To get the PayPal login details, visit PayPal.
- Log in with your PayPal access data (email address / mobile phone number and password).
- Scroll down to the "NVP / SOAP-API Integration (Classic)" field and click on "Manage API Authorization".
- On the Request API Permission - PayPal page, request the API signature by clicking Agree & Submit.
- After the API user name, API password and API signature are displayed, select the "Show" button.
- Enter the authorization data displayed in the fields provided on the Commerzbank website and click on "Next".
- Update your financial overview after a few minutes to see your account information.
How can I delete third-party bank accounts?
In Commerzbank's multibanking, you can delete third-party banks that have already been added at any time.
- Log in to go to your Finance Overview.
- Click on the menu item "Manage third-party banks".
- Click on the "Delete" button to remove the external bank connection from your online banking.
- Confirm the deletion of your thrid-party bank access.
Note: Alternatively, you can also delete the external bank details in your "Personal Area" by clicking on the "Additional Services" tab.
In the banking app
- Log in the banking app.
- Click on "Manage third-party bank account" on your finance overview or in profile tab "My third-party bank accounts".
- Choose the bank account and product group that you would like to delete.
- Click on "Delete account" and confirm the deletion to finalize the process.
Why do I see fewer transactions in the Commerzbank transaction overview than in my third-party banks Online Banking?
The account and transaction data are provided by your third-party bank’s interface. Commerzbank assumes no liability for the accuracy and completeness of the data. Authoritative is always the transaction data in the Online Banking of the account-holding institute.
Is third-party bank data safe at Commerzbank?
Your data is protected when using Commerzbank's multibanking. We always use the latest security and encryption methods. Your entered TANs or passwords are transaction-bound and only authorize the requested action in the context of multibanking.
Are there any costs associated with Multibanking?
Commerzbank Multibanking-service is free of charge. Fees may apply within the scope of your respective TAN-procedure (e.g. for sending TANs via SMS).