Commerzbank was founded by Hamburg merchants in 1870. To this day we consider ourselves bound by the values of the 'honourable merchant'. After all, a shared value concept creates a sense of identity and lays the foundations for lasting success. While pursuing highly ambitious business objectives, we do not lose sight of our responsibilities to people, society and the environment at all times.
In 2006 the Board of Managing Directors and representatives from across the bank defined the following five values for Commerzbank with the aim of establishing a binding and unifying corporate culture:
- Performance: Both individual and team-oriented performance forms the basis for our long-term success.
- Respect/ partnership: Respect and partnership are key features of our relationships with clients, employees and partners.
- Market orientation: Our thinking and acting is market-oriented; in this connection the needs and aims of our customers are crucially important to us.
- Team spirit: Collaboration means team spirit. If we face up to the challenges together, we delight in success together, too.
- Integrity: This is our most vital asset. It is of utmost importance since it is the basis for the confidence placed in Commerzbank.
These ComWerte (corporate values) symbolise our vibrant, inspiring and independent corporate culture. They guide us in dealing with one another and define our conduct in relation to internal and external customers, market participants and society. ComWerte provide permanent and sustainable foundations for our day-to-day business – and will continue to do so also in future.